A Glossary Of Home Inspection Terms

Author: Farwes Homes Ltd. | | Categories: Custom Home Builder , New Home Design , Residential Custom Design

 Blog by Farwes Homes Ltd.

Every industry has its own language and terms. These words and phrases can be confusing to anyone who is not part of the daily operations of a specific sector, and the custom home building business is no exception.

To help you understand the terms, acronyms, and phrases regularly used when purchasing a custom home, Farwes Homes Ltd. has created this handy reference guide. Here you’ll find valuable information allowing you to comprehend and communicate your home inspection needs effectively.

RSO stands for rough stud opening for windows and doors.

It is the lumber used to build the roof rafters.

It is water that is good for drinking without any chemicals needed.

This is what we call the amount of money you are allowed to use to purchase items that we will deduct from the total purchase price on closing.

O.B.C. is also known as the Ontario Building Code.

This is the company that ensures your home is warranted by the builder.

This is the material used to install ceramics in the bathroom.

This is the material used around the door and window frames.

Gripsets are door handles.

If you’re looking for a custom home builder, reach out to the experts at Farwes Homes Ltd. We offer our services across Port Hope, Belleville, Peterborough, Quinte West, Newcastle, Grafton, Brighton, Rice Lake, Fraserville, and Campbellford, ON. We specialize in custom home building. With over thirty-six years of experience in the custom home building sector, we have successfully completed many homes in the Quinte/Belleville area, a full subdivision located north of Cobourg (Cornish Hollow) and have developed a new upscale estate development (Westview Park) just north of Port Hope. View our full list of services here, or get in touch with us here.